My Life Coaching Journey
LIFE CURVE BALLS
If you're anything like me, your life has had its ups and downs. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's kind of average and other times it's downright horrific. And then there’s those times when you encounter something truly incredible that changes your life forever. Stumbling across the Beautiful You Coaching Academy(“BYCA”), Team Beautiful and Founder Julie Parker, is one of those times.
In 2015 that feeling I had always had about working for myself and being my own boss got louder and started to demand attention. Trouble was, doing what? At the time I knew I didn’t want to open a restaurant and probably not a physical business, but I was so keen to find a way, that I thought I might be a Virtual Assistant (“VA”). After all I had great IT skills and I’ve also been one of life’s “fixers” so why not? It didn’t feel quite right but I didn’t have any other ideas and I wasn’t all that good at listening to my feelings back then.
In doing research into my new VA business, one day I clicked on a link to a life coach called Sue’s website - Smile Chickie. I liked Sue’s message (I later coached with her for 6+ months), and in another “fluke” of fate, I ended up on the BYCA website. To this day I don’t know why I didn’t click away straight away – it was TOO pink, TOO fluffy and waaay TOO feminine for me, I’m a badass professional – I don’t do pink and fluffy. Apparently.
SOMETIMES YOU JUST KNOW
I have always been decisive (read impulsive) but how I ended up committing to a life coaching course with an investment of c.£3000 I’ll never know, but it took me less than 48 hours to somehow know I'd found my way to where I was supposed to be. I ditched my VA idea on the spot and still not sure I understood what I was signing up for, off I went. Now I look back, it was probably the first time I truly listened to my intuition without anything I was doing making any sense at all.
I started the course in May 2016 and wow what a wild, crazy and inspirational time that was. I spent six intensive months simultaneously terrified, excited, challenged (time, money and being seen) and inspired all at the same time. It was a truly extraordinary experience and one that has changed the path of my life forever. I don’t know what angels were looking out for me the day I clicked on Smile Chickie’s website, but I thank them every day for delivering me to BYCA. You can find out more about the course and my amazing affiliate bonuses for new BYCA trainees here.
AND SUDDENLY YOU'RE A GRADUATE, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Since graduating in autumn 2016 I have:
Attended the BYCA November 2016 Inspiration day in San Francisco. Yes San Fran-frickin-cisco.
- Become a proud BYCA affiliate.
- Achieved Certified Coach status and actively participate and contribute within this inspirational group of coaches. This has been like coming home.
- Launched my website and learnt (often the hard way) how to navigate this world of being an online heart-centred entrepreneur (this is very much a work in progress).
- Worked with amazingly courageous clients who continue to inspire me every day.
- Been blessed to be invited by the beautiful Julie Parker to join her for dinner in London with the gorgeous Rebecca Campbell, author of Light is the New Black and Rise Sister Rise, Success Coach for entrepreneurs Emily Williams of I ❤ My Life (and her lovely hubby James) and beautiful self-belief life coach Sas Petherick.
- Completed Marie Forleo’s B-School (reckon I’ll be doing this one for life).
- Moved house. Twice.
- Completed Denise DT's Money Bootcamp.
- Was lucky enough to attend another BYCA Inspiration Day in Paris in July 2017.
- Wrote and had my first ever article published in Shine magazine with more to come (comes out in autumn 2017).
It’s been a whirlwind, all while working a full-time job and working on this L-I-F-E thing.
SO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
I have lots of work planned remodelling my website (it’s a long story but I started again in June 2017!).
In September 2017 I start on my Kinesiology practitioner journey. Using muscle testing to access my intuition and what my body is telling me has been a big part of my own life and I want to bring this into my business. Watch this space – seriously excited about this.
I am by no means the finished article – I am a glorious work in progress and so is every part of my business. But I put one foot in front of the other, one day at a time knowing one thing for sure – I have found my way to the right path!
If this sounds like something you’d be keen to explore for your life, then check out Become a Life Coach - I’ve got some amazing affiliate bonuses for you if you sign up to the Beautiful You Coaching Academy Course using my affiliate link.